“Human beings have a profound goodness within them – and the potential to fulfil a new kind of ethical standard.”
Lyn White is is one of Australia’s most courageous leaders who believes in the power of our everyday choices to create a kinder world. She is the Campaign Director for Animals Australia – Australia’s leading animal protection organisation. Their investigations and campaigns are recognised the world over for protecting the most vulnerable and abused animals in our society.
In this inspiring talk given at the 2015 Mindful Leadership Forum in Sydney, Lyn shares her very personal journey and her belief that human beings have a profound goodness within them, with the potential to fulfil a new kind of ethical standard. It’s a rally cry for each of us to dedicate ourselves to creating a more kind and compassionate world.
During this talk you’ll learn about:
- Lyn’s journey to leadership despite feelings of inadequacy
- The power of an “activated soul” to make a difference in the world
- The realisation that what we are really hungry for isn’t physical nourishment, but spiritual nourishment in the form of inspiration, kindness and ethical pursuits
- How to remain positive in the face of unspeakable suffering
- Our sacred duty to heed the call to compassionate action
Lyn White was a South Australian police investigator for 20 years before becoming the Campaign Director for Animals Australia. Lyn’s work has been profiled extensively in major Australian media. She is an Australian of the Year Finalist and in 2014 was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia.